Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Slackers!!!!

I feel like such a slacker……we were so good at posting there for awhile and now it’s been almost two full months with just a single update. Jill is currently working on our newsletter. At least she has a good excuse, mine is simple laziness. Truth is, I get so busy reading other blogs, that I forget there might be some faithful readers of our own tiny blog out there who might be checking daily and waiting as patiently (or not so) as me for any semblance of an update. I know there are days I will check certain blogs almost hourly just hoping for some news to digest. So, in the off chance that there are people who read this other than my wife, here are some glimpses into the last two months.

We’ll start with January……for those of you who were wondering and/or praying about it, we did re-enroll Dade in preschool. We’re still not sure if we made the right choice, but at least he seems to have adjusted much better and at least pretends to enjoy it most days.

We had several neat family times over the past couple of months. The last weekend in January we got to go with my parents, my brother, his girlfriend and her daughters to Arkansas for an “eagle watching” weekend. It was cold (even for me) and after our first boat ride, we were glad God called us to Africa and not to the Ukraine. The kids had a blast seeing owls, hawks, falcons, and eagles up close – and I do mean close! We’ll try to post some pictures to give you an idea. Our last morning, we were hesitant to go out on another VERY cold boat ride, but the payoff was a close up look at a bald eagle in the wild. Yes dad…..it did make it worth it.



In February, it was business as usual. We simply adjusted back into the school schedule. Jill and Dade got to fly out to Amarillo to visit her parents. Dara and I held things down at home. I think good bonding took place all the way around. I think Dade enjoyed being the center of attention and really enjoyed his own special day with Poppa, without any other grandkids around. I wasn’t there, but I understand the dirt that came off him was proof enough that they enjoyed their day! I’m sure it was just my imagination, but he seemed to have grown a couple of inches while he was gone.

We just completed Spring Break with the kids – probably our last one (or next to last) in the US for awhile. We went down to San Antonio to take them on their first visit to Sea World. Their Aunt Tiff went with us. She was such a huge help to us and the kids enjoyed having their “Coco” with them. We spent a day at Sea World, a day at Fiesta Texas, the Alamo, and some time visiting with some dear friends and relatives while we were there.



We should have some exciting news to share with you soon regarding our assignment with AIM. Until then, we will try to be a little more faithful in updating you on our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am one of those who check your site often, so always glad when there is a new posting! Mom