Saturday, December 29, 2007

The effective prayer...

"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16b I (Jill) am so thrilled to tell you how this verse still rings true. First, Dade and I were shopping for Christmas gifts when it began to rain. Joel even called while we were waiting in line to pay to say that it was pouring hard. When we were ready to leave the store, we stepped out of the door to see the rain had just stopped! I was so excited, and as we dodged puddles (because the young man with me loves to jump into puddles!) I was telling him how wonderful it was that God stopped the rain so that we could get into our car. Dade in all seriousness and with little excitement said, "I know, I prayed He would stop the rain." Well, that shut me up! Dade wasn't a bit surprised that God would stop the rain for us. What faith!

The other news I have is that Aaron and Donna; after a couple weeks of bedrest, modified bedrest, and multiple contractions; gave birth to a beautiful healthy girl on December 27th! Alayna Nation weighed in at 5lbs. 3oz. and 19 inches long. The doctors say they cannot explain it, but we can! She is breast feeding and breathing and peeing and all those baby things. God is so good! Please rejoice with us as we celebrate God's mercy and power. Thank you so much for your prayers.


No comments: