For those of you that took the time to read the post early in the summer about the fiasco of setting up the pool, this is a brief follow up. Last week we decided it was time to take the pool down. It was getting a little too cool for me and Jill to have a desire to get in there with the kiddos - with me always drawing the short straw. Jill took the chlorine feeder out and let it stabilize so we could drain it. She got a hose and started draining it on Friday. When I got home, it had made good progress, so we went to bed thinking we would be ready to dry it out and fold it up on Saturday.
Saturday morning we awoke to discover it was only half way done (I guess it takes a while to drain 15,000 gallons of water). We had a birthday party to go to on Saturday afternoon so we left thinking maybe it would be done by the time we got home. WRONG! It still had a ways to go. To shorten this up, it was Sunday after church before it was down enough for us to start soaking up the left overs with towels and scooping what we could with buckets. Now we had to let it dry and the forecast was calling for scattered showers on Monday!
Monday turned out to be a dry, sunny day, much to my relief. So Monday after I had picked the kids up we went home and I started the process. This time I had a little helper (Dade) grabbing the poles from me and stacking them up. It was discouraging to see that what had taken me many hours to set up was down in less than 2 minutes (and with relative ease). Dade was a happy spectator as he watched little spiders, other unknown creepy crawlies and a plethra of earthworms squirm about under the tarp as we folded everything up.
We moved the trampoline to the spot where the pool was and now I find myself wondering why we didn't just leave the pool under the tramp with a tarp over it. Besides, if you remember the post on setting it up, I have to find something to do with a $50 tarp!
No comments:
Post a Comment