Praise God! Dade asked Jesus into his heart on June 30th! As I finished praying with Dade Saturday night I asked him if he thought he would want to ask Jesus into his heart one day. He just shook his head "yes" and said, "Jesus, please come into my heart." What a sweet, sweet child like prayer. Of course, being the typical parent, I had to go through all the questions again to make sure he knew what he was doing....
"Dade, why do you need Jesus?"
"Sin"
"What is sin?"
"Bad things I do - like hitting and lying."
"What did God do for us?"
"Sent Jesus - he died on the cross you know."
"Why do you need to believe in Jesus?"
"He takes away the black." (That's his way of saying sin)
"Do you want to pray and ask Jesus to forgive you and tell Him you believe in Him?"
"Yes - but can we get Mommy and Dara to pray with us too?"
What a sweet little boy! While he may not understand all the details of His faith, he knows that he needs Jesus and knows that he must believe He is God's son. It is very humbling as a parent to see both your kids come to know Christ. I praise God that he allowed Jill to lead Dara to Christ and me to lead Dade to Christ. What an AWESOME privilege! It makes you feel like in spite of all the stuff you do wrong as a parent, that you must be doing something right. For all of you who have prayed for our childrens' salvation, thank you! Your prayers were heard and answered. Now, we would ask you to continue praying that they would grow in their walks and in their faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment