This seems to be the theme lately - from potty training to finiding out our assignment, we are waiting. While not always easy, God is teaching us through this. I think back to college and am reminded of all the times I waited on pins and needles to see if I was going to pass a test or not. I would leave class and give the appearance that I didn't have a care in the world. However, on the inside I was wondering how another "D" would affect my GPA and how much further it would fall. I would sleep restlessly, tossing and turning, until the next day when I could go and check my grade. While I made my share of C's and D's, I would occassionaly be surprised by an A or B.
What is the point of this you ask? Well, during all the stressing about a grade, what I often failed to realize was that the grade wasn't going to change between the time I turned in my test until I saw it posted on my professor's door. Isn't that the way it is with all these "stressful" things in life as well? If we are living in obedience to God, then He has already laid out the path we must walk. I know that Dade will learn to go in the "big potty" and I know that we will find out our assignment with AIM. Sometimes I wonder how much more I could truly enjoy life if I would realize that God has taken care of the big things and the little things.
As I journey through the Bible this year, God has been reminding me that He is a God who takes care of every detail. Just this morning, I was reading how detailed God was with Moses when describing the clothes that Aaron and his son's would wear and exactly how the sacrifices needed to be handled. Isn't it neat to know that we serve a God of details, who cares about each "little" part of our lives?
No comments:
Post a Comment